GLOBAL HUMANITARIAN NEWS
- WHO chief hails ‘monumental moment’ in COVID fight, as US throws support behind vaccine patent waiveron May 5, 2021
The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) on Wednesday said the commitment announced by the United States administration to lift vaccine patent protections to help boost global supply, was a “monumental moment” in the battle to end the deadly pandemic.
- USA: Rights expert decries wave of anti-protest laws ‘spreading through the country’on May 5, 2021
A UN independent human rights expert has slammed new laws in several American states aimed at suppressing racial justice protests and the Black Lives Matter movement, according to a statement on Wednesday.
- Early-warning ‘pandemic hub’ plan unveiled by WHO’s Tedros and Germany’s Merkelon May 5, 2021
An international hub for pandemic control is to open in Berlin to ensure better preparedness and transparency in the fight against likely future global health threats, the UN health agency announced on Wednesday.
- Myanmar: Attacks on healthcare jeopardizing COVID-19 response, UN team sayson May 5, 2021
There have been at least 158 reported attacks on medical personnel and facilities in Myanmar, with more than 139 doctors arrested and charged since the military coup in February, endangering not only vital health services but also the COVID-19 response, the UN Country Team (UNCT) there said on Wednesday.
- 155 million faced acute food insecurity in 2020, conflict the key driveron May 5, 2021
At least 155 million people faced crisis levels of food insecurity in 2020 because of conflict, extreme weather events and economic shocks linked in part to COVID-19, a UN-partnered flagship report said on Wednesday.
I am honored to invite you with my request to join your Arab American Community Center in Chicago to help our Arab brothers in their exile and to stand together
side by side to create an ability to achieve assistance for every community in need in Chicago and other cities in the United States of America and to achieve the goals
agreed upon for all Arab expatriates. We invite you and are honored by your presence.
Waiting for you to contact us and to register membership with us.
We understand how hard is to earn money. So we place our top priority to secure maximum value for money in aid through greater transparency, rigorous independent evaluation and an unremitting focus on results.