GLOBAL HUMANITARIAN NEWS
- Food systems transformation a ‘silver lining’ in COVID crisis: UN deputy chiefon July 28, 2021
A sustainable and prosperous planet can only be achieved through working together and in solidarity, the UN Deputy Secretary-General said on Wednesday at the end of a major global food security meeting.
- Bangladesh: Deadly flooding, landslides devastate Rohingya refugees on July 28, 2021
Three days of strong winds and heavy monsoon rain on sprawling refugee sites in Bangladesh’s Cox’s Bazar have taken Rohingya refugee lives and wreaked havoc and destruction, the UN refugee agency said on Wednesday.
- Gaza: Humanitarian response underway, but political solutions still needed on July 28, 2021
Although the international community is providing urgent assistance to Gaza in the wake of the most recent round of hostilities, a political solution is still needed to end the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians, a senior UN official in the region said on Wednesday.
- On World Hepatitis Day, WHO calls to eliminate disease by 2030 on July 28, 2021
The UN health agency pointed out on Wednesday, World Hepatitis Day, that every 30 seconds a person dies from a hepatitis-related illness and called for all countries to work together to eliminate this preventable disease as a public health threat by 2030.
- COVID-19 infections rise, Delta variant spreads to 132 countries on July 28, 2021
COVID-19 infections rose eight per cent last week to more than 3.8 million, the UN health agency reported on Wednesday.
- Cornerstone treaty of refugee protection turns 70on July 28, 2021
It has never been more urgent to recommit to the spirit and fundamental principles of the 1951 Refugee Convention, the UN refugee agency said on Wednesday as it marked the 70th anniversary of the key international treaty.
- UN-African Union Mission in Darfur in final shutdown phaseon July 27, 2021
Practically all peacekeepers and staff have now left the hybrid UN-African Union Mission in Darfur (UNAMID), in line with its drawdown plan, a senior UN official told the Security Council on Tuesday.
- Progress on tobacco fight, but new nicotine products pose increasing threaton July 27, 2021
While many countries are making progress in the fight against tobacco use, a new World Health Organization (WHO) report shows some are failing to address the problem of emerging nicotine and tobacco products.
I am honored to invite you with my request to join your Arab American Community Center in Chicago to help our Arab brothers in their exile and to stand together
side by side to create an ability to achieve assistance for every community in need in Chicago and other cities in the United States of America and to achieve the goals
agreed upon for all Arab expatriates. We invite you and are honored by your presence.
Waiting for you to contact us and to register membership with us.
We understand how hard is to earn money. So we place our top priority to secure maximum value for money in aid through greater transparency, rigorous independent evaluation and an unremitting focus on results.